The Lakeside School District #18, a one-room schoolhouse built before 1900 and moved to the museum grounds in 1987 is a special treat for museum visitors. The school was in use by 12 to 16 students each year. It is well-preserved and complete with an upright piano used for music time, a pot-bellied stove to provide heat, lesson books with worksheets and readings, and rows of wooden student desks. Children who visit are amazed that those desks of varying sizes contained children from all 8 grades with one teacher! They also love to write on the old chalkboard and do the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.A library area features old textbooks from all grades, a set of Encyclopedia Britannica and annuals from the local high school from the 1930s to today.